technical examples of my work
This page gives some technical examples of my QA work. This and other example pages show how I can solve your QA challenges. If you have a Quality Assurance need and are looking for an expert or have any questions about my example work please contact me.
– krypton –
Here are some examples of the interview process I use during a face-to-face interview to determine technical ability, work ethic, soft skills and other traits. There also needs to be a determination if this person will work well with the existing team.
Interview process usually has this format:
- Basic interview questions (examples, not complete list)
- What is the difference between Software Testing and Software Quality Assurance?
- What part do you like the most about QA work?
- What part do you like the least about QA work?
- Ask several “How would you handle this situation” questions designed to evaluate the candidate’s ability to diagnose and respond to situations.
- Problem solving questions done independently, for example:
- Problem solving questions done interactively, for example:
- Vending Machine – this question I use in different ways depending on the amount of experience of the person being interviewed. The more experience the individual has the more I expect that answer be focused on organization and prioritization of different components. Extra consideration to those who speak of delegation if they are interviewing for a team lead type position. The more junior the employee the more I expect the answer to be a completely linear train of thought.
At the end I give the candidate an opportunity to ask the interview team questions. Usually these questions focus on experience levels of the team, team size, team dynamics, company history, etc.
My experience with Jenkins includes installing, setup, plug-in installation, plug-in configuration & management, node creation and management (Linux & Windows), job creation and custom Jenkinsfiles for automation.
I have created an example Jenkinsfile that creates a simple Jenkins pipeline as an example of my work.
Jenkins is also a great starting point for gathering statistics and displaying KPIs. It can run a variety of frameworks including things built with Postman API testing tool or Selenium library
My experience with Selenium libraries is mostly focused in Python but I have written tests in C# as well. I have written some example Python code being used to test this website and report results to a MySQL database.
Some examples of good data generators to be used as tools include: