This is a simple chicken dish that is suitable for mid-week cooking or Sunday all day week preparation. Vegetable paring is flexible given different tastes and selection of condensed soup.
– krypton –
- olive oil spray
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 slices of medium to thick sliced Swiss cheese (see notes below)
- 1 can of creamy condensed soup (see notes below, Campbell’s recommended)
- 1/4 cup sherry cooking wine
Depending on your love of (Swiss) cheese, decide how many slices and thickness you prefer. Cream based concentrated soup mixes that possibly work well:
- Oven safe dish
Mise en place
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Filet chicken breasts so they are half as thick
- Combine soup and sherry cooking wine in a bowl, set aside
Lightly spray bottom of oven safe dish with olive oil. Place chicken fillets in the bottom of dish. Place cheese on top of chicken. Try not to overlap. Pour sherry & soup mix over chicken. Cook in oven for 1 hour or until chicken is fully cooked.