A basic cinnamon syrup recipe. Option enhancement: vanilla extract to change the flavor profile of the syrup.
Enjoy! If you have any feedback, contact information is in the footer.
- Krypton -
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 small cinnamon sticks or 2 large broken in half
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Small sauce pot
- 16oz mason jar or other glass bottle for storage
- Add water to the sauce pot
- Heat the water to a boil over medium-high heat
- Add the sugar and gently stir until sugar is disolved
- Add the cinnamon sticks to the syrup mixture
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes
- Remove the pot from heat
- Steep the cinnamon sticks for 1-6 hours, the longer the time the stronger the flavor
- Using tongs, remove the cinnamon sticks
- Stir in the vanila extract (if desired)
After the mixture has steeped for the desired amount of time, it is recommended to pour the syrup into a clean glass bottle using cheesecloth as a filter.
Label and store refrigerated for up to two weeks.