Cucumber & Jalapeño Margarita


Page last updated: Mon, Aug, 7 2023 @ 18:54:04 UTC | Estimated minute read time ( words)

Loaded json file

The recipes contain various cocktail terminology and tool references.

A variation of the classic margarita that combines cooling cucumber with spicy jalapeño.

Some notes before beginning:

  • Fun facts: margarita is spanish for daisy and the margarita is considered part of the daisy family of cocktails.
  • When choosing a tequila for any margarita it's highly recommended to only choose one marked "100% de agave". A "mixto" contains at minimum 51% agave sugars in order to be labeled a "tequila" but the other 49% could cane sugar or high fructose corn syrup (HFCS).
  • A few different brands of cucumber & jalapeño infused blanco tequilas include one from 1800 and another from 21 Seeds. The 1800 is a little bit more jalapeño forward while the 21 Seeds is definitely cucumber forward. Another option is to infuse your own.
  • When it comes to specifics about which triple sec to choose, Cointreau is a great option.
  • Take the salt rim to new levels by adding low sodium Tajin. Combine a 2-1 mixture of salt to Tajin adding a new spice dimension to the flavor profile.

Enjoy! If you have any feedback, contact information is in the footer.

- Krypton -

While you sip your cucumber and jalapeño margarita checkout this video that shows how Tequila is made.

The Master Distiller shown in the video is Franciso Alcaraz (1946-2021) who created the recipe for Patron and held his position for more than 30 years.

Want to learn more about the variety of orange liquers on the market? Check out this breakdown video from The Educated Barfly.


  • 0.5 oz agave syrup
  • 0.5 oz triple sec
  • 1 oz lime juice
  • 2 oz cucumber jalapeño tequila


  • Boston shaker
  • Jigger
  • Hawthorne strainer
  • Margarita glass


  1. Rim the margarita glass if desired (see above)
  2. Combine ingredients in shaker with ice
  3. Shake for 10-12 seconds
  4. Strain into a glass neat or on the rocks

Possible garnish ideas:

  • orange twist (to bring out the notes in the triple sec)
  • cucumber wheel
  • lime wheel (most common)